- Ben Zun (本尊): translate as this diety. In mythology, legend or fantasy fiction, supernatural characters call themselves by this term.
- Daojun (道君): A title to call someone respectable in Taoism.
- Tai Jun （太君）: A not very nice title to call someone, as this term originated during the WW2.
- Xiao（小）: an affectionate way of calling someone by adding Xiao(means small) in front of their name}
- Yuan Zhang （园长）: Director of a Garden/Park/Etc
- Qian Bei (前辈): Senior
- Ju Shi（居士): Lay Buddhist, a title for someone for practises Buddhism but not a monk/nun)
- Dao Zhang(道长): Taoist Priest
Ling Xiao Hope Project (凌霄希望工程) : A system from the heaven, breaching of contact lead to punishment. Review period is 70 years.
- Cape Park (海角公园) : At East Sea City, near Cape Zoo
- Lingyou Zoo (灵囿动物园）: Formally Cape Zoo, renamed after the zoo of King Wen of Zhou, the current setting of the novel.
- Linshui Temple (临水观): A temple with rich history
- Duan Jiaze (段佳泽) ：The MC, 23 Years old, Director of Lingyou Zoo.
- Xiao Su: Currently in charge of finance and media.
- Lin Biu: Animal rearer.
- Xu Chenggong: Fierce looking uncle that take care of the technical stuff.
DISPATCHED ANIMALS | STAFF
- Lu Ya (陆压) : The ML, the sole remaining three-legged golden crow. Have arsonist tendencies, is tsundere. He assumes the identity of an exotic bird. The reason he came down was because ********.
- You Su (有苏) : Nine-tailed fox, identified as Daji. Featured in <Investiture of Gods> as the fox villain who seduced King Zhou of Shang and caused the dynasty’s downfall. Exhibited as an Arctic Fox.
- Bai Suzhen (白素贞）: the Madame White Snake of legend (water snake), medical practitioner. Exhibits as a White Burmese Python with fellow snake Xiao Qing.
- Xiao Qing (orignal is 竹叶青 Bamboo green snake ) :exhibits as Green Tree Python, who is currently in a male body to avoid matchmaking.
- Hu Dawei（胡大伟）: A poor Red Fox demon pitted by the zoo.